Sunday, December 2, 2012

Who Knew


There are so many ways to show off your books.    The standard bookcases may contain more and that is a good thing, but having a whimsical bookcase has a lot of merit.   You have to admit it is different, and it would take some getting used to.  

Don't you love Tiger the Tiger and his philosophy of life?    It is nice to know we are not alone in our world . . .  

I had not heard of this cure for dings on the furniture legs.  I guess I'll have to try it and hope for the best.  I have a leg or two around here that could use a little touch up.

So today, Sunday, grocery shopping day for me, I'll brave the rain and go to Freddys and see what is on special today.   Hopefully the fresh vegetables and fruits are improving in quality as they have been really bad lately.    I had my first taste of a sour orange and although I like sour, it was not really very good.  I found out you can't by color as the oranges I chose were really bright and healthy looking . . .good enough to eat . . . and once again the old adage of you can't tell a book by its cover comes to mind.  I had a yogurt go bad, a first, so I will have to check the dates more carefully.   So if you are shopping be wise, read the labels and see what is in the product you are buying.   There is so much 'food treatment' these years we have no idea what we are putting into our bodies.  The prices go up, the grocery chains have no problems with that.     Doesn't it make you wonder what new and different changes are coming our way ?   So if today is your shopping day too, take the time to check things out and 'be penny wise and pound foolish' , make up your mind to shop more frequently and then you might be able to eat what you buy.     No, complaining is not my middle name, where did you get such an idea?   I'm just sharing a word to the wise . . . shop until you drop but only if you take time to make wise choices....that goes for most things in life and "let the buyer beware" comes to mind.   Make your Sunday a restful day and forget the shopping, order pizza in.    You like that idea, I can tell . . . me too.   I'm humming 'til we meet again', thanks for sharing my words and sometimes my deeds . . . Go with God!   Keep Christ in Christmas and drop a few pennies in that kettle where the bell ringer is donating time and energy.    Hugs to all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment