Friday, December 7, 2012

BRR!!!

The winning picture of the month by John Cresh . . . Columbia Gorge.   Yep, my Oregon newsletter is in and there was the perfect picture to share. 

This one reminded me of Jock who is going out fishing tomorrow morning bright and early and I hope he catches a big one and brings it in to cook for us.    John arrived looking great and walking into a big bear hug felt so good.   He had a good trip and didn't run into a lot of bad weather.    He said the mud slide south of Crescent City is a big one as a very old red wood went down and the circumference of the roots filled one side of the highway and the road is open one way so progress is slow.   An amazing sight to see a root ball that huge.  Did he take a picture of it?  No!   Speaking of camera I took mine wiht me yesterday as we had sunshine and I hoped to catch a picture of the Roosevelt Deer that were camped at one of the fields south of us.    They were gone but I did get a picture of Crescent City harbor only to discover I needed batteries and couldn't take any more pictures.     Batteries, batteries, where did I put them?

This is a clever idea.    Neat, tidy and you can always find what you need when you need it.

Did you know that Leo Da Vinci  invented the scissors.   I didn't know that. 

So today,  Friday already, a new weekend coming up to enjoy.   Put your seconds to good use and call a family member or friend, or both, and make a date to go for a walk in a mall.   I wish we had one here but our nearest 'mall' is Walmart in Crescent City.   Yesterday we went over to see the new finished store, an amazing  sight at least two city blocks long.   There are  at least three entrances now.    The grocery department is huge and well stocked, there is nothing missing.  The meat department is a wonder and the bakery makes you forget that calories exist in our world.    There is everything imagineable for sale and the clothing departments had lots of sale signs and for what it is worth, quality is not there.   So it is a store of quantity not quality.    But . . . it is a great place to hang on to a basket and walk around the aisles, a good mile or two of a place to walk and exercise.     I did see Christmas ribbon made in America at $4.27 , I think we used to pay under a dollar for it, and wrapping paper was $8.00, same stuff as the dollar store and I have no idea where that stuff comes from.   So now you have the good with the bad and the Walmart family can continue to buy priceless art work to look at.     Yeah, I know, I can't be jealous without showing it.   Well, you go look and tell me what you think.   Meanwhile time marches on and our shopping days are numbered, so make our list and get busy.    I know I sound like I'm grousing when I say the Christmas music is familiar but the beat change is horrible . . . not sure what the singers are doing but whatever it is, I don't care for it. . . well, you knew I was going to say that.   I think I'm becoming Maxine . . . and that isn't all bad.    You are smiling!  Good!!  Now laugh out loud and go have some fun.   Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment