Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Morning After



Nope, I didn't get one of these for Christmas, but it is a good idea for next year. I did get a lovely new pale lavender sweater from my granddaughter Erin along with a new puzzle book I can carry in my purse and use if I have to wait anywhere and am bored. John and Jo gave me a new puzzle table top that turns along with three new puzzles that are monsters. They are the new mystery ones which you have to complete to solve the mystery so the picture on the box top is of no use if you are looking for clues. Don't be shy, come visit, I'll let you help. I am sporting a new foot bath and special soap from daughter Patricia along with my Halston which is becoming very hard to find. Erin added some Nantucket Brier which makes the skin feel like satin. Guess what Maggie gave me, yeah another puzzle, a Kincaid which looks like it will keep me busy for a long spell. The lovely scarf is soft and white so will go with anything. I have several new and lovely gifts from daughter Christine . . . a picture with a dandy lion, you know the early start where you sing, he loves me, he loves me not . . . we used to call it the fortune telling flower. The acorn and leaf candle holder is beautiful; the jar of special chocolate sauce is going to come in handy to top some ice cream scoops. The apron is beautiful and I wore it all day to keep my new sweater from getting stained as I was the turkey cook this year.  Son John will be busy putting up that wonderful cast iron stand for the porch so I can hang a basket of flowers out there.   Come see when you get a chance.  Jock sent a package of Harry and David Pears that were the best I have ever eaten. They were huge, and so delicious. Everyone loved their gifts and had a lot of laughs. I was so busy opening my gifts I didn't pay attention to everything every one else got but I can tell you they were all very pleased and happy. Dinner turned out to be a feast and the turkey was moist and tender; the assorted vegie dishes were just perfect and even the gravy had no lumps. We watched George C. Scott play Scrooge and it was, as usual, it was wonderful even though we all had a slight snooze through it.

I hope you find your mind filled with memories that will carry you through a whole year until we get to celebrate Christ's birthday next year. I was so lucky to get a phone call from Bob and Andrea who were back home to celebrate Christmas as they had been on the road traveling to visit their grandchildren and friends. Judy called from Colorado and bragged about her sunshine although she was hoping for snow. Some folks got a lot of it so son, Michael, couldn't get over the Sierras where they got five feet of snow and one hundred an hour mile winds . We missed him. But...we talked with him. Hopefully your Christmas was wonderful. . . just like YOU . . . and the few pounds we gained will disappear once you join me in an early January First Lent. . . yeah, make it early this year and give up stuffing and puffing and start working towards a summer bikini size and shape . . . 'we wish'!

My heartfelt thanks goes to my wonderful children who put so much love and effort into making Christmas sparkle like the lights burning brightly on the Christmas trees. They all made angels of the year, as did friends who sent cards and called and made my Christmas so merry and bright. So I leave you with a hug and a smile and a heart full of love for each and every one of you. Now go . . . get ready for the New Year and let us all work towards making it a good one filled with sharing and caring. Hugs to all.

















No comments:

Post a Comment