Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday, Sunday!!

And you put a big smile on your face, let it shine out of your big beautiful eyes, and walk into a great big hug . . . what could be a better present than that?
If you have a kitty cat and a decorated tree you have to know that temptation is only a paw away . . . why else would all those shiny baubles be hanging there?    Someone has to touch them and make them sway . . .oops!  So fragile!!  Meow!!!
Now this is a very good idea and one we should take to heart unless our store keepers double their prices.  Yesterday, son John and I went around town to find an illusive gift for someone who has everything and doesn't need or want anything, blah...blah....and you know if there wasn't a thoughtful gift under the tree come Christmas morning disappointment would reign . . . so, off we went to look for a gift  at the local merchants emporiums.    We went to the gift shop at the drug store where Mr. and Mrs. Santa Clause was having open house.  They had a table full of tasty goodies  and lots of high priced merchandise well displayed.    On to Sweet Pea Tea Room where they had antiques and food.    Lots of good 'stuff' but nothing found to fill our need.   On to Birds Nest where I found a gift for a friend but son John found nothing for his wants or needs.    We stopped for lunch at the Hungry Clam and shared chowder and haddock, then in to the Port candy store where there are baskets filled with old fashioned candies of long ago and I found some lemon drops. . . no chocolate for me though the case was filled with some of the most delectable bars and pieces that I haven't seen in years.   They even added a new ice cream area where temptation waits.   We found our way to the Bird Store and there was lots of good ideas but nothing son John thought interesting enough to buy.   On to the Antique Mall where there are booths filled with anything and everything for the person who is hard to buy for. . . by this time I am beginning to wear thin and as I am walking up the aisle leaning on my cane, one of the salesperson came up to me and asked if he could be of help in finding something . . . I smiled and said I was helping my son find a gift for a friend who had everything and if he looked out the door, there stood my son by his car . . . and he had to laugh and so did I.   John knows what he wants for his friend, he just hasn't found it yet.     I still think the big metal ant with the rock body would be an ideal piece of yard art, or the big metal peacock that sways . . . no takers . . . it was nice to take my shoes off and get back to the 2,000 piece puzzle on my dining room table;  a monster and hard to do as all the piece are not on the table yet.  It is getting there.    If you are close by, come on in and you can help.  I'll put the coffee pot on and share some  cranberry bread, and if you have someone to buy a gift for and need an idea, just let e know as I know where everything is in this town.    Hugs to all..     

No comments:

Post a Comment