Saturday, December 22, 2012

Busy Days

A lovely picture of 'olden days', like a Thomas Kincaid painting.    I wonder who painted the picture and what he or she was thinking about time.   The dress on the lady says 1800's;   the car says 1940's . . . but whatever he or she had in mind they did want to say Merry Christmas, and so do I.

    It is Saturday morning, and today I have to go and choose a big fat turkey and a few of the trimmings I am responsible for.our Christmas feast.  I had to laugh as I have been saying I should pick the turkey up by Tuesday....well, I had better as Tuesday is Christmas Day...where the time has flown this past few weeks is a mystery.   It has been 'so delightful' and the weather outside has been 'frightful' as we had another six inches of rain this past week.    The joy of sharing time with my children is simply wonderful.  We have had some delicious meals to share and I have been introduced to some very different and delicious Christmas cookies that Christine and Patricia have come up with.    John has been busy putting up a flat screen television and I have been getting daily lessons on how to turn it on . . . now how to change the channels and I'll be fine, maybe, I hope . . . I need ABC written instructions to go from one area to another.  This TV has a radio station with music geared to my era .  This TV has so many different places I will need a guide, but then, come to think of it, Pat has a flat screen TV just like it and she can come and rescue me.     Now when they make a modem for octogenarians, I will be the first to buy one. . . push one for getting into the television;  push two for news; three for a movie; four for favorite programs and five to get out. . . I could do that with ease.  My only complaint is that the ads are more colorful and more plentiful.   What ever happened to the idea of having television and choices when you pay a king's ransom to own one and are suppose to have been given choices as to what you wanted to pay for.   I didn't have ads in mind.    But I cannot kick about such a gift;  it is beautiful and it is going to be enjoyed for at least a few years before the experts come up with a new style.   Wonder what is next?  

So today is Saturday and you most likely have Monday off so your holiday is going to be long, peaceful, busy, frantic and fun . . . that's as it should be.    Go . . . enjoy . . . make this Christmas as merry as you can for you and your family members.   Make your seconds count, once gone, they can never be retrieved.  Good thoughts, good deeds, grouse a little, hum a lot and make your holiday one for the memory banks.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment