Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Cats and Dogs


You have heard it many times. . . 'he or she, looks just like you' . . . genes tell every time.   They really are cute!

How clever...does look like the Donald.   I bet he would put this one up on his wall.  That man has the wildest hair, a big ego and a lot of words.    

Well if you have dreams, why not big ones?     This little guy sure has big ideas.   

I like the expression on this one....sort of wonders how he got there.    Those waxed floors can do it to anyone of us so be careful or you might wind up with the same expression.

Now this one should have Emma's picture on it.     She would agree with all the rules...I'm sure she made them up. I was in her company yesterday and she does rule the roost.   She brought me her favorite toy to play 'wrestle with' and then climbed up on the sofa next to me and rolled over for a belly rub, and I complied just as she knew I would.    Who can resist those soul filled eyes . . . not me.

So today is hump day . . . Wednesday all day . . . It is John's turn to cook tonight so he has invited us to Pancho's for some fish tacos, and they make the best ones in town.    Last evening we were invited to Pat's house for dinner and she made a lasagna that was one of the best I've ever eaten.    She uses  a lot of healthy combinations like tofu  brats, different cheeses and wheat lasagna and Christine made up a salad that was excellent along with a special vinaigrette dressing.    We brought the crusty bread and no desert, there wasn't room for any.     How wonderful it is to have three of my adult children to share time with.    I do not follow all of the conversation, but do learn something new when I listen.     John is car shopping and has done so much research that both ladies had much to add as they had ideas of what they thought was a better vehicle to drive.     The SUV seems to be in the lead, although the jeeps are in good running.    John is five foot six so he has to'fit' into a car and they seem to be making them more compact so now he has to go out there and sit in cars to make sure of the fit.   I will miss the Liberty jeep as it is so easy to get in and out of . . . when you get to be an octogenarian it is difficult to get in and out of anything...especially chairs....or a booth in a restaurant.   Graceful is not even considered . . . hard work and push ups work wonders.    

Have a great hump day and look forward to the cold rain or snow today as it cleans the air and makes us move about a bit faster.    Exercise gives us more energy and a desire to get things done.     Put a few extra coins in your purse for the Salvation Army kettle so they can feed a lot of hungry folks this coming holiday.      Remember many folks are 'down' this time of year so be ready to give out some of  those 'bear hugs' and if you can, put a bit of sparkle into your big 'blue' or 'brown' eyes, 'hazel too, and hum along with the music and celebrate Christmas in a good old fashioned way. . . visits, cookies, eggnog, and share YOU with your family and friends.    Sure hope some folks find there way to my door;  come to think about it, they have......how lucky I am and how lucky I hope you are.   Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment