Friday, December 14, 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAS






It is a tiny tree with lots of sparkle and sends a message to all.  It is a busy time of year with all the shopping for gifts for those we love.  It is a time of year to be generation in our dealings with others who are less fortunate, especially those who are shut in and unable to feel joy when their world is changed forever.     Upon leaving the store yesterday there was a Downs Syndrome young lady 'manning' the kettle and she had a smile for everyone whether they dropped a coin in her kettle or not.    I dug in my purse for all my loose change and managed to come up with a hand full which she helped push into the little slot of the kettle all the while telling me "God bless you"  and I felt blessed from the smile she gave me and I smiled all the way home.    I send a check to the Salvation Army every year as I really do appreciate the work they do all year, but dropping a few coins in the kettle is just another reason to enjoy the season.   Like the inimitable words of Tiny Tim. . .
"God Bless Us, Everyone"     Make today a start.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment