Monday, November 26, 2012

Sunday Sunshine

Sunshine, blue sky, a few thready clouds and an open lily field, a short ride to enjoy it all on a Sunday afternoon . . . yeah . . . life is good.

It is time to go out and take my camera for some new pictures as I am all out.  The latest ones I am getting from family and friends are of a different caliber and I cannot bring them up as my computer gets confused or down right nasty and refuses to let me show them. It seems as though there is something new and different coming out daily from our computer wizards and I find it hard to keep up with.    I just watched my granddaughter Erin bring up pictures that she had scanned in , photographs from a long while ago and it was such fun to see them all.   Some I had seen before and some I had not, so it was like looking at a memory book and recalling some of the places and faces that were once a daily part of my life.     There were pictures of me with dark hair and a slim body, now that was a very long time ago.  Hey, I had something going and didn't know it . . . um . . . now if we could go back and know what we know...um.....oh well, I am sure I wouldn't change much but I am sure I would have paid more attention to 'if I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself' . . . but then I realize that changes go along with getting older and there isn't much you can do about it but enjoy the ride.

So today, your new week starts, and we are heading into the last week of November.   You have to admit it was a fast one.   Now comes December and my favorite holiday.  Christmas . . . it even sounds good just to say it . . . beautiful sights and sounds, Christmas lights that sparkle . . . here  in Brookings the volunteers have been out stringing lights in our park. It is always a joy to walk through and see what they accomplish.  Now to get ourselves in gear and prepare to make this Christmas special for those we love.  I never thought I'd live to see the day when anyone would want to take Christ out of Christmas, yet there are many who are working hard to do so.   Black Friday should tell us something when masses of people go out and shove, push and threaten their fellow man for a 'bargain'  . . . Walmart boasts of five thousand dollars a second  . . . seems impossible and ludicrous when our economy is at the brink of failing.   You have a chance to keep Christ in Christmas by following his way . . . stay within your own budget . . . keep it simple and build a thousand memories to keep you warm and loving each bright and beautiful December day.     Meet and greet;   stop and share as you take a friend to lunch or bring a treat when you visit for being 'sweet' is a part of you that needs to be shared to overcome those who have forgotten how to smile.     As Scrooge would say. . . bah humbug . . . and Tiny Tim would smile and say "God bless us everyone" . . . your choice!    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment