Monday, November 19, 2012

Grin and Groan


I had to grin when I saw this picture as it reminded me of my daughter Christine.    Christine is a book lover.   I have no idea how many books she has in her home library but I can tell you she now has matching bookcases that reach to the ceiling.   

More truth than fiction.      The electric bills just keep going up, higher and higher,   We depend on electricity, more and more,  and if it should go off the grid, havoc would reign in our world and we would have to give up watching television and miss all those ads . . . smile. 

My little geranium loves its spot in the front yard and is still blooming.    Even the resident deer hasn't eaten the blossom, but they sure love to chomp on the stems that are delicate and must be tasty.    This was actually a throw away plant I just dropped into a hole that was left after the removal of a dying bush.    I meant to get the shovel and make the hole a bit deeper and replant the geranium, but I got busy doing other things and forgot about it.   I guess you do not have to be a master gardener to plant geraniums, they just love to blossom where they drop.   

So today, yeah, Monday all over again.    The storms are still with us and granddaughter Erin came up in the dark of night, she wasn't taking any chances of coming up today when it is to be the heaviest of the storm.    We were told thirteen inches of rain was coming our way, but we are experiencing more squalls than teeming rain.    Today will tell a story, we will all just have to wait and see what develops.   Meanwhile I will get to visit with my granddaughter and that is always a very special treat.    Have you noticed how quickly November is going by?     Holiday time, how did it get here so quickly?     Are you ready?   I'm not.   I am sure I am not alone as this has been one very long and very difficult year with horrendous negative vibes from politics to storms.    Apprehension is a good word to describe the mood .  Our loss of faith and hope follows . . . so, it is time to make up your mind on how you intend to celebrate the true meaning of Thanksgiving and Christmas.      Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment