Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pictures From the Car

One of our lilly fields which has been plowed and turned over and replanted.  Soon the little bulbs will start to show as they are planted row upon row and the workers will come in and snip their little heads off to make the bulbs stronger.  I tried to take pictures of the lily fields in bloom but usually the highway is so busy you can't take time out to stop and get a good picture.  I decided to try taking pictures from a moving car and am getting better . . . well, I did get the weed fence.
Here is another shot just a few miles up the highway and this shows how gracefully our weeds do grow.

I had  a picture of a huge rare white humpback whatle on the blog this morning.  It was there when I started but where it went is beyond me.  I noticed the newer pictures coming in will not show on the computer as they are taken by a different type of camera so my picture days may becoming shorter.  Time will tell.

Today is Sunday, a stormy one for us.    I talked with daughter Christine last evening on the telephone and she is still planning on coming down but a day or two later as the worst of the storms are supposedly today and tomorrow.   I tell my children if the weather is bad to stay off of the roads.    I hate to have them travel when the weather is or could be a big problem, but they are young and they don't see it in the same light.   They are also good drivers and smart so they don't think weather is a problem.  I'm remembering trips I've taken when weather was a very big problem.   So I will sit in the warmth of my home and wait patiently for them to arrive and listen to the adventure tales they will tell.   Remember, if you are traveling for the holidays to go carefully . . . I know, I know, you can lick the world with one hand behind you;  okay, good, but be careful while you do it.
I baked yesterday and made some cranberry breads.   I made one for me so will have some toasted pretty soon as my coffee is brewing right now.    I have some new marmalade to try, and English brand that looks luscious.   If you were nearby I'd share.    I also made two wine cakes as that is all I had the makings for.   The little loaves are all wrapped and put away to share over the holiday.     I'll shop today for some dates and make a date and nut bread which is one of my favorites  . . . um, with cream cheese . . . my taste buds sit up and take notice when I talk about all the good foods and deserts of life.    Calories do not count over the holidays . . . well in all honesty they do that is why we appreciate the lenten season and cut way back and lose those extra pounds.   It is just the season to indulge to bulge.    Meanwhile don't forgot those who are still waiting patiently to get on with their lives after the big Sandy storm.    Donate . . . donate . . . donate, it is the only way the organizations can come through with wll the help that is needed.     or world is made u p of heros and there are plenty of stories aboundng about the good deeds ongoing.   Be a part of the whole picture and do your part today.   Get out your baking tins and fill them up with your special recipes.   Don't forget to put on some of your favorite music and have a sing along as it helps make those ingredients blend into the magic of special treats.     Off to the kitchen!!!   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment